Desmatz and its variants had been most notable for their high agility, decent output, and otherwise versatile capacities, making them very suitable as Jammer units. In Front Mission 5, several Desmatz units was seen being employed by Grimnir pilots. However, this was its only major appearance in the main series. Numerous wanzer pilots were also seen equipping the leg parts of Desmatz on their wanzers, while simultaneously using body and arms of other wanzer models. This is likely to be due to the fact that the main appeal of the Desmatz model is its high agility, which mainly lies in its legs, while its performance in accuracy (depending on the arms) and armors (lying in the body) are relatively mediocre.
Nonetheless, later in Front Mission Evolved, it was frequently seen being deployed as launcher units in North America, presumably due to their relatively high output.
- Grimnir, primarily as assaults and jammers (Front Mission 5)
- U.S.N. North America, primarily as launchers (Front Mission Evolved)
- Desmatz (Front Mission 5, Evolved)
- Desmatz # 2 (Front Mission Evolved)
- Desmatz II (Front Mission Evolved)
- Desmatz II # 2 (Front Mission Evolved)
- Desmatz M (Front Mission 5)
- Desmatz N (Front Mission 5)
- Desmatz SH (Front Mission 5)
- Deathmantis (Front Mission 5)
- Deathmantis DD (Front Mission 5)
- Argiope (Front Mission 5)
- Argiope S (Front Mission 5)
- Argiope L (Front Mission 5)
- Maksim Troadiev Vavilov (Desmatz N), Front Mission 5
- One of Desmatz's variants, Argiope, is named after a specie of spider.