The Enyo (Japanese: 炎陽, Blazing Sun) is a wanzer model that debut in Front Mission 3, and later appeared in Front Mission 5: Scar of War and Front Mission Evolved. It is produced by the Kirishima Heavy Industry of O.C.U. Japan.
Most of the time, Enyo and its variants have very high output, but weak armour and mobility. It is fragile, but proves to be valuable in long-range battles, reflected by the fact that it had been widely deployed as launcher units. However, such high level of specialization means that it is not very versatile. Thus, it is rarely seen playing any role other than being used in providing long-range support fire.
Enyo and its variants were employed extensively by the Japanese Defense Force (J.D.F.), mostly equipped with shoulder weapons. It was also seen being used by the O.C.U. army in Huffman Islands and Cambodian troops, as depicted in Front Mission 5.
- Japanese Defense Force, primarily as Missileers (Front Mission 3)
- J.D.F. Special Force, primarily as missileers (Front Mission 3)
- O.C.U. Huffman, primarily as Launchers (Front Mission 5)
- O.C.U. Cambodia, primarily as Launchers (Front Mission 5)
- Grimnir, primarily as Launchers (Front Mission 5)
- Enyo (Front Mission 5, Evolved)
- Enyo Mk. 109 (Front Mission 3)
- Enyo Light Weight (Front Mission 5)
- Enyo 2 (Front Mission 5)
- Enyo 3 (Front Mission 5)
- Enyo Hover (Front Mission Evolved)
- Mayer Edward (Enyo Mk. 109), Front Mission 3
- Isao Takemura (Enyo Mk. 109), Front Mission 3 Alisa storyline
- Although Enyo's Japanese name is "Enyou", it was translated as "Enyo" instead.
- In Front Mission 3, battle skills are learnt by equipping specific wanzer parts. When equipped, Enyo Mk. 109 gave Auto I (Body), Leg Smash (Arms), and Prevent Loss (Legs).