The Grapple is a wanzer model that debut in Front Mission 3, and then was later featured in Front Mission 5: Scar Of War and Front Mission Evolved. It is produced by the Diable Avionics of U.S.N. America.
Since its debut, Grapple has always been seen being deployed as melee units, presumably due to its extremely strong armour and, in contrast to its bulky appearance, decent mobility. These abilities suggest that it is primarily a heavy assault and melee-type wanzer. It seems to be primarily used by the U.S.N. Armies, as evidenced in its appearance in the game. Also, the Hua Lian Rebel was also seen employing the Grapple as melee units, probably due to the fact that the U.S.N. supported the rebel.
- U.S.N. American, primarily as heavy assaults (Front Mission Evolved)
- Hua Lian Rebel, primarily as strikers (Front Mission 3)
- The Purple Haze, primarily as strikers (Front Mission 3)
- U.S.N. Marine, primarily as strikers (Front Mission 5)
- Grapple (Front Mission 5, Evolved)
- Grapple 2 (Front Mission Evolved)
- Grapple 3 (Front Mission Evolved)
- Grapple M1 (Front Mission 3)
- Grapple EX (Front Mission 5)
- Grapple X (Front Mission 5)
- Grapple X2 (Front Mission 5)
- Grapple F (Front Mission 5)
- Grapple FS (Front Mission 5)
- Grapple FS2 (Front Mission 5)
- Joe Parker (Grapple M1), Front Mission 3
- Gastor Marza (Grapple M1), Front Mission 3
- Marcus Armstrong (Grapple M1), Front Mission 3
- Joyce S. Whitfield (Grapple), Front Mission 5
- Russel Hamilton (Grapple FS70-HB), Front Mission Evolved
- Godwin Mosley (Grapple FS70-HB), Front Mission Evolved
- Unlike most wanzer models produced by Diable Avionics, Grapple is not named after weather phenomena. In contrast, its name means "melee".
- In Front Mission 3, battle skills are learnt by equipping specific wanzer parts. When equipped, Grapple M1 gave Melee III (Body), Double Punch I (Arms), and Skill +2 (Legs). Double Punch I lets player use same melee weapons wielded in both arms in single turn. Together with Double Shot I of Yun Lai Fa's Prov, they become very strong offensive skill in Emma's storyline.