The Hoshun is a prototype wanzer model produced by Iguchi that appears in Front Mission 3. It may be deployed in haste along with a prototype weapon due to events within Japan at the time of Front Mission 3 involving the main protagonist and his group.
The Hoshun is arguably the best wanzer in the game, having the best hit points and modifier effects while having minimal weight compared to any other wanzers, which makes it suitable for any sort of roles.
The Hoshun always came with the Heavy Particle Gun, which means that it might be specifically designed to mount the said weapon.
The Hoshun will appear instead of a Kasel M2 at the Taradake Observatory stage in Emma's route, or an Enyo Mk109 at the Koriyama City Highrise stage in Alisa's route, if the player consistently get Platinum medals throughout their gameplay. It can be obtained by salvaging it during the battle, but of course, the player have to either force the pilot to surrender or eject the machine, or by killing them outright.
Alternatively, if the Hoshun does not appear in the above situations, then it can be obtained after the Taradake Observatory stage on Emma's route or the Koriyama City stage on Alisa's route by checking BBS 3 of the Armored Kinkakuji website, which shows a request for anyone who knows the truth behind the military coup d'etat in Japan to contact him through 555(XKR)224. Go to the Garbagepit section of the Lawspite website, use the Inferno Dialer tool and enter the said number (minus the brackets). Eventually a man named Itsuki will answer the call and, after some conversation, gave the Hoshun along with a Heavy Particle Gun to the player for free.
- HP: 468 / 561 / 702 / 842 / 982 / 1198 / 1357 / 1661
- Weight: 37
- Power: 350
- Defense: 15% / 30% / 45% / 60%
- Battle Skill: Revenge Body
- HP: 300 / 360 / 450 / 540 / 630 / 768 / 870 / 1065
- Weight: 24
- Accuracy: +12% / +25% / +45% / +81% / +147%
- Battle Skill: Body Smash
- HP: 400 / 480 / 600 / 720 / 840 / 1024 / 1160 / 1420
- Weight: 35
- Movement: 5 squares
- Booster: 2 / 4 / 5 / 7 / 7 levels
- Dash: 0 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 squares
- Evasion: 10% / 24% / 40% / 59%
- Battle Skill: AP-0
- In Front Mission 3, the 'Future of Iguchi' topic in Iguchi's corporate website described about how Iguchi lost out on a deal with the J.D.F. since the J.D.F. chose the Kirishima's Shunyo over Iguchi's 'Kyoshun'. Due to this event, Iguchi planned to work hard on a new prototype wanzer that would regain their market shares. One could speculate that the prototype in question was the Hoshun Mk 112.