As the Qibing wanzer only have the number 0 behind its name, it is implied that they are likely to be prototypes made for field tests and to deliver important data for further Imaginary Numbers wanzers.
In fact, later Imaginary Numbers used different wanzers specialized in one role (although exceptions are present):
The Qibing wanzer's inverted knees assumes that the Imaginary Numbers had the idea of an uncommon wanzer leg type for more efficient mobility and better evasion capability.
The Qibing has above-average armor, very high defensive capabilites, agility and mobility, but on the other hand low output, suggesting it to be a melee-oriented design. Qibing arms do not have high accuracy, however they are still better than other wanzer models with the same level of weight and armour, thus they are also suited for assault or assault-melee setups.
Only six Qibings ever appear over the course of Front Mission 3's Emma storyline; four on the Futai Tunnel stage and two on the Misumi Harbor stage. As they perform better than most wanzers at the time, it is highly advised for the player to try and capture at least one of them.
Two Qibings may appear on the Taipei battle simulator stage in the Real Battle difficulty at both Emma and Alisa storylines; these are unobtainable by the player, however.
- HP: 452 / 542 / 678 / 813 / 949 / 1157 / 1310 / 1423
- Weight: 42
- Power: 231
- Defense: 15% / 30% / 45% / 60%
- Battle Skill: Revenge II
- HP: 284 / 335 / 394 / 465 / 548 / 644 / 758 / 894
- Weight: 20
- Accuracy: +5% / +8% / +13% / +22% / +37%
- Battle Skill: Topple Punch
- HP: 372 / 438 / 517 / 610 / 717 / 844 / 993 / 1171
- Weight: 55
- Movement: 5 squares
- Booster: 2 / 4 / 5 / 6 levels
- Dash: 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 squares
- Evasion: 4% / 10% / 16% / 24%
- Battle Skill: Damage Fix 200