Recson and its variants are consistently characterized by a typical sniper's stats distribution: outstanding accuracy and below-average armour and mobility. Therefore, it has always been seen as sniper units, typically equipped with rifles or bazookas. So far, they has been seen heavily employed by U.S.N. military. U.S.N. troops are typically seen with Recson units or its variants. However, there has not yet been military other than the U.S.N. who are known to deploy Recson wanzers.
They were also seen being deployed by the Hua Lian Rebel of the D.H.Z., presumably because of the support the U.S.N. is giving to the rebel. Numerous named (but minor) members of the Rebel also piloted Recson wanzers. In Front Mission 5, many pilots in the arena were seen equipping Recson arms on their wanzers while using body and legs of other models, probably suggesting that many military units also use Recson arms for the sake of accuracy.
It also seems to have a branch series named Recsys.
- The Purple Haze, primarily as snipers (Front Mission 3)
- Hua Lian Rebel, primarily as snipers (Front Mission 3)
- U.S.N. South America, primarily as snipers (Front Mission 4)
- U.S.N. Huffman, primarily as snipers and gunners (Front Mission 5, Online)
- U.S.N. Marine, primarily as gunners (Front Mission 5, Online)
- Recson (Front Mission 5, Evolved)
- Recson II (Front Mission Evolved)
- Recson III (Front Mission Evolved)
- Recson M4F (Front Mission 3)
- H - Recson (Front Mission 5)
- H - Recson AP (Front Mission 5)
- U - Recson (Front Mission 4, 5)
- Recsys (Front Mission 4)
- Recsys V (Front Mission 4)
- Dennis Vicarth (Recson M4F), Front Mission 3
- Cindy Peasants (Recson M4F), Front Mission 3
- Lukav Minaev (Recson M4F), Front Mission 3
- Billy Renges (Recsys), Front Mission 4
- Jamie Binson (Recson), Front Mission 5
- Hector Reynolds (Recson), Front Mission 5
- In Front Mission Evolved, The Recson, along with the Calm will only be available to gamers that preordered the game.
- Also, in Front Mission Evolved, the Recson head is centered instead slightly shifted to right.
- In Front Mission 3, battle skills are learnt by equipping specific wanzer parts. When equipped, Recson M4F gave Zoom II (Body), Backup Fire (Arms), and Enemy Skill -1 (Legs).