It is equipped with a cannon, machinegun and two missile launchers. It was first seen in Front Mission 4 under the control of Anizka Ivanovna Aleksandrov, who later used the mobile weapon to wreak havoc on U.S.N. army in Caracas. As demonstrated in the game, Zhuk had extremely strong armor and high firepower (particularly the cannons), and surprisingly, above-average movement and evasion. In Front Mission 4, it was seen to be capable of single-handedly taking down a U.S.N. troops.
It seems to be exclusive to high ranking members of the Zaftran army since Ivanovna called Zhuk her "new toy". This may means that the model is somehow only accessible to her in the Zaftran troops in Venezuela.
- Zaftran Army (Front Mission 4)
- Zhuk I (Front Mission 4)
- Zhuk I-B (Front Mission 4)
- Zhuk II (Front Mission 4)
- Anizka Ivanovna Aleksandrov (Zhuk I, Zhuk II), Front Mission 4
- Zhuk is the only mobile weapon in Front Mission 4 that is featured in an official artwork.
- Although four-legged mobile weapons are common, appearing more than once in Front Mission First and Front Mission 3 respectively, Zhuk is the only four-legged mobile weapon model in Front Mission 4. It is also the only four-legged mobile weapon model that have ever been piloted by a final boss character (Ivanovna in Zhuk's case).